Hospitable traditions of EURO 2012
Major sporting events, such as EURO, attract not only vigorous fans, but also an elite audience that looks for a platform for communication and establishing business contacts. We asked Thibaut Potdevin, UEFA commercial manager for Ukraine about the Corporate Hospitality program at EURO 2012 in this exclusive interview with Ukraine2012.
- What is corporate hospitality program at football tournaments?
- Not everybody knows that during EURO, we reserve some seats not only for VIP guests, but also to be sold to people who want to use them for business. This is what we call Corporate Hospitality. Anyone who had the chance to experience the EURO 2008 hospitality knows that UEFA delivers the most amazing program of all! We had over 80’000 guests across 31 games, all hosted at a five star level in the venues. And we intend to deliver even better quality next year in Poland and Ukraine.
- What are the specifics of sales in Ukraine and Poland? What are the most popular packages, what stadiums are the most popular among your clients?
- Everybody at UEFA and at the LOC Ukraine is very glad to see how successful we are in this country. Who could have expected that? With the exception of Donbass Arena, that implements the high level of service, there was no venue delivering anything close to the corporate hospitality of a tournament like EURO. That means that investing in high-end sporting event corporate hospitality is new in Ukraine.
The four venues of Ukraine will deliver great football every night of the tournament but the venue of the final is always special, and the fact that the renovated Olympiyskiy stadium is at the heart of the city makes it even more special. The corporate hospitality village at Olympiyskiy will be built right next to the arena. Such a set-up in the heart of the city is just unique! Lviv has a superb football stadium with a warm football ambiance, while Kharkiv has enhanced the Metalist Stadium to fit with higher standards.
- How does that work, when a company wants to buy the EURO 2012 packages?
- There are different options. Here in Ukraine, UEFA has set up its own team of consultants. We are situated at the 21st floor of the Parus Business center, where anyone can come to meet with us, but also in Kharkiv, Lviv and Dnepropetrovsk. We also have agents, such as Deloitte and Donbass Arena, who can also sell the packages in Ukraine. We always find time to explain how the program works. The UEFA.com web site (in the EURO 2012 section) is also a convenient way to obtain information.
These packages are affordable for every company. We have made a priority to create bundles were the prices per seat starts below 1000€. This is consistent with the standard of this industry. It is important to understand that such offer is tailored for the corporate market, not for individuals who can purchase normal tickets.
- Is there something new in the hospitality program in comparison with UEFA EURO 2008?
- Taking into account the specifics of the host countries, we are also working closely with TUI, the Official Accommodation Agency of UEFA EURO 2012™ to support the guests of the Corporate Hospitality program to find hotel rooms. This is important for the many guests coming from abroad.
Quality will be enhanced as for every tournament that is our ambition! EURO 2012 has something special: its host countries! The passion for football and the Slavic hospitality will make it special, for sure. My colleagues are amazed every time they come to Ukraine, by the way Ukrainians care about their guests, by openness and cheerfulness of your people and how much they enjoy partying! As Michel Platini said, everything is not perfect, but EURO will be great here. I share this feeling: despite obvious improvements, the roads are not of the utmost quality everywhere and trains are not the most modern in the world. But the warmth of the population is unique. It will conquer all the fans that will come to Ukraine next year.
12 july 2012, 10:40
08 june 2012, 08:37